Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Forbidden City #1


The Forbidden City is such a huge huuuuge place! We spent a little over 2 hours in there and I think we only covered like 30% of the place. And I took a ton of photos in there. So many, that I think it's best I separate this into two posts instead of cramming everything into one lol. The construction of the entire palace itself is pretty impressive.









Apparently these animals at the corner of nearly each roof is not just for aesthetic reasons. The tour guide told me (upon me questioning) that they also tell how important the building is. The more animals there are, the more important the building is. So this building where I took the photo above, is not very important at all haha. The minimum amount is 2 animals, and the maximum is 9.

0 comments:

Post a Comment