Friday, December 31, 2010

Recap of 2010


My new year's resolution is to grow a beard like that.

I'm serious.

No, not really. I don't even have facial hair lol.

Every end of the year, I will do this meme that I found yeaaarrsss ago on LiveJournal. Yes, I had a LiveJournal account. Key word = had. Well, technically I still have it but since I started this blog I barely update it anymore lol. It's gathering dust and feels quite ignored, poor thing.

Anyway, back to the main topic. Here is a recap of 2010 in 40 questions!

1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
- Started delving into beads and jewelry.
- Started an Etsy shop woohoo!
- Started selling at my first craft fair - Arts for Grabs in August.
- Went to my first concert ever!

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Nooo I failed miserably! One of them was producing at least 2 artworks per month. I managed to keep up until somewhere in June, then I failed horribly. But I will definitely make more for 2011. And a part of them had been told in my previous post on my creative goals for 2011.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope, thankfully.

5. What countries did you visit?
None, did not travel much this year. :(

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A boyfriend lol!!

7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 5th, the day I made my first sale on Etsy! :D

8. What was your biggest(s) achievement of the year?
100 sales on Etsy yeyy!!

9. What was your biggest failure?
Getting rusty with my art. :(

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yeah I have a sebaceous cyst on my left ear and sprained my ankle just earlier this week. It's still bandaged now. :'(

11. What was the best thing(s) you bought?
My new and shiny Canon EOS 500D camera!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mine? Lol. But honestly I can't think of any at the moment.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Ugh, my youngest brother. But that's a long, a really really long story.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Jewelry supplies LOL!!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Making sales in my Etsy shop!!

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Train - Hey, Soul Sister.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier? Hmm, not sure.
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter. ;_;
iii. richer or poorer? Richer, woohoo.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Drawing!!

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Procrastinating!

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Hermit at home taking pictures of my new bracelets.

22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Does falling in love with my craft counts?

23. How many one-night stands?
Never.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
CSI Las Vegas.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hmm, I'm not a big hater, so no.

26. What was the best book you read?
I didn't read any books this year. :( Does the Etsy blog counts?

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
More like a rediscovery, fell in love with Yoko Kanno's songs all over again.

28. What did you want and got?
A DSLR camera :)

29. What did you want and not get?
1000 sales on Etsy!! XD *dreams*

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hmm, Inception.

31. What did you do on your birthday?
Celebrated my birthday at Nandos with my dear colleagues :)

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
100 more sales on Etsy!

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
I started shopping in Kitschen, and started wearing leggings.

34. What kept you sane?
My crafts, although sometimes they drive me insane too ahaha.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Adam Lambert, went to see his Glamnation concert. It was AWESOME!!!

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I generally don't listen to all the political drama anymore, but I'm still surprised that they haven't settled on Teoh Beng Hock's cause of death although he died more than a year ago. How many times you want to cut the dead man up by so many coroners?

37. Who did you miss?
My many friends in San Francisco. :(

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Huey from Nottypooch!

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010?
Spend wisely.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I'm not afraid to take a stand
Everybody come take my hand
We'll walk this road together, through the storm
Whatever weather, cold or warm
Just let you know that, you're not alone
Holla if you feel that you've been down the same road
- Not Afraid, Eminem

And that's it for 2010, see you all again in 2011. :) Have a fantastic new year!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment