Friday, April 22, 2011

Ice Resin outcome

Belated post. So... I mentioned before that I recently bought ICE resin to play with, and here are the results! :D

I experimented with 4 pendants, and only this one turned out good, the other 3 all failed lol. There is a tiny bubble, but you can barely see it in the picture. :)

Doming is pretty good too. Granted these settings are not exactly deep, but good enough for me. Will try adding one more drop the next time to see if can dome further.

And here are the failed ones. This one I didn't apply enough sealant on the paper so the resin seeped into the paper around the edges. If you look closely you can see the edges have uneven dark spots. Also noted are large bubbles. I guess when I saw the paper darken from the resin, I didn't really cared if there were bubbles or not. One of the other failed ones had exactly the same mistakes as this.

Lesson #1. Apply 2-3 layers of sealant AFTER sticking the paper to the pendant setting.

Fail #2. Too greedy lol. I keep adding more and more resin to the pendant, until it totally spilled, hahaha.

The end result of the spillage is pretty interesting though, as it retained the spilled shape. However, I have no idea what to do with this.

Lesson #2. Don't be too greedy with the resin. Lol.

I followed a bunch of video tutorials on how to use ICE resin, but I find this particular step-by-step photo tutorial from Beaducation to be pretty useful as well. Just that instead of pouring the resin straight from the cup, I use the stick instead to dribble onto the pendant setting.

I am going to attempt to make more resin pendants this weekend, woohoo! Wish me luck!! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment